Dig Deeper Media and Meedan, in partnership with European publishers, broadcasters and journalism associations present the Pop-Up Newsroom, a series of real-time, in-person and digital collaborations between leading newsrooms around Europe and beyond.
A network of newsrooms in Europe supported by world-class tools and training will prioritise the building of tools and editorial structures required for effective collaboration, transparency and audience engagement.
Collaboration Drives Innovation
Our structured approach to innovation - both technological and editorial - is unique.
- Together, we solve everyday problems in real-life situations, using ideas and solutions generated by the collaborators.
- We work inside newsrooms, with the people who need the skills and tools the most.
- Our approach is design-led, user-centred and collaboration-driven. We tailor everything to journalistic workflows.
We believe in practical solutions and processes which can be redeployed.
Pop-Up Newsroom is an innovation framework for newsrooms in Europe that are changing the way they collaborate, communicate and engage audiences through new tools and training.
Collaborate to Innovate
New Business Models
We can bring together journalists, designers and developers to work side-by-side to:
- Design and model a modern, ethical and collaborative digital newsgathering process
- Develop opportunities for deeper audience engagement and smarter publishing
- Prototype and deploy new revenue-generating ideas and products
- Address issues of trust, fake news and misinformation
- Build skills in everything from verification to data journalism
- Experiment with VR + 360, AI and algorithms
Our role is to connect news organisations through our extensive network, secure funding opportunities, manage the projects and partners and create shareable resources at all stages.
To get involved in Pop-Up Newsroom or to find out more, email us at email@example.com.